Building a Better Operational Response
sponsored by Bytware, Inc.
Caught in a pinch of downsizing? Consolidating hardware? Restore IT productivity through automation.
Companies today are faced with new competitive challenges that call for increased productivity throughout the organization. Two forces-the downturn in the current economic climate and server virtualization and consolidation-are about to place IT into an even tighter pinch. Fewer eyes monitoring the systems can spell a workflow meltdown. This along with hardware consolidation on IBM Power Systems means that IT is going to have to develop new ways to collaborate and multitask. IT productivity levels will drop until a comprehensive strategy is devised. Fortunately the architecture IBM i and i5/OS lends itself to implementing a comprehensive solution, and some significant tools have been developed to enable an effective operations strategy. Find out how one such set of tools-automated monitoring, alerts, and consoling-can put your organization on the path to success in this new world.
In this podcast we will examine:
- How operations copes with day-to-day pandemonium.
- The challenges brought on by downsizing and economic troubles.
- The impact of server virtualization on IT operations.
- How workflows can melt down... and how to avoid it.
- New operational strategies for systems management and response.
- How to regain and enhance productivity through automation.
- Webcast: The Modern Virus Threat and Regulatory Compliance
(THIS RESOURCE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.)